We work with councils and their partners to help create a workforce able to respond to major changes within the public sector.
We have the very latest information and advice for managing the local government workforce in relation to COVID-19.
We will update these pages regularly and also provide information via the Workforce Team twitter account on @LGAWorkforce.
- LGA COVID-19 workforce survey summary reports are available, the latest published on 2 June 2020. Councils can access their own and comparative data in LG Inform
- COVID-19 Workforce FAQs – employment law focused frequently asked questions for England and Wales only.
- HM Treasury have provided extra information on the Job Retention Scheme to help councils apply the guidance locally.
- We’ve summarised the Government’s guidance on safe return to work during coronavirus and will provide further updates on the issues for schools as we have it
- The LGA has up-to-date advice on the use of secondments.
- Councils can now register on our Social Work Together online tool to match with former social workers.
The Modification order
The primary significance of the Order is in relation to redundancy.
21st Century Public Servant
Theory and practice around how our best 21st Century Public Servants operate alongside help for organisations to review job design, workforce planning, organisational culture to support excellent service delivery.
Timewise Councils Initiative
This programme supports organisations to drive cultural change and best practice on flexible working, as a way to retain and attract the best talent, and maximise their performance.