LGA membership offers a wide range of benefits
Key benefits for members include:
- the opportunity to influence our work through membership of boards, commissions, advisory groups or the Councillors' Forum
- access to support and advice for councillors through our political group offices
- access to up-to-the-minute news, briefings and daily news headlines on the LGA website through our suite of subscription e-bulletins
- support on national media relations including in times of crisis
- access to a wide range of free or discounted events
- access to legal advice, opinions and guidance on complex issues
- opportunities to join one of our many special interest groups, including the District Councils' Network, County Councils' Network or the Special Interest Group of Municipal Authorities
- use of facilities at 18 Smith Square, including free meeting room hire
- invitations to Royal Garden Parties
- 'first magazine' delivered monthly direct to your home
The LGA's associate membership scheme is open to organisations whose purpose and priorities align with those of the LGA. Associate membership is non-voting, with subscription levels based on the size of the organisation.
Corporate associate membership is also available to other membership bodies wishing to join on behalf of a number of organisations.
The LGA's membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March. All applications for associate membership must be approved by the LGA Leadership Board.
For further information about membership, please contact email@example.com.